Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Saul Alinsky?s son: ?Obama learned his lesson well?

  1. #31
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Saul Alinsky’s son: “Obama learned his lesson well”

    I wouldn't say many..I would say some. But that's not difinitive...and I support abortion right anyways.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #32
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Saul Alinsky’s son: “Obama learned his lesson well”

    But once again there is no way of knowing if it has been or not.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Saul Alinsky’s son: “Obama learned his lesson well”

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You also realize the moment an egg is fertilized it is considered by many as the start of life and taking it out of the euterous like that would be an abortion. </div></div>

    And to lots of people it's not, even those against abortion.

    I do know this, one thing that people in this area at least have in mind when they hear the word "abortion" is a newborn getting cut up and killed, when that's simply not the case medically/scientifically when it comes to early term abortion or birth control.

    Tell you a little story--in my senior year of HS, I took AP English, and one thing that we had to do was debate different hot-button topics head up against a fellow classmate. I was one of 3 guys in that class, and what do I end up with in a class full of 18 girls? Pro-life/anti-abortion as my stance. I had to do the research, I had to see the difference between early term and late term abortions, the different techniques both invasive and non-invasive...it was definitely eye opening. Don't get me wrong, I went in with both guns blazing on both techniques (and won the debate according to my teacher, got an A), but personally--the more I studied the science of conception, I just could not come to call a newly-fertilized egg a "fetus".

    It takes 8 weeks for all organs to form in a fetus, and 12 weeks before pain can be felt biologically. To me, an abortion within the first 8 weeks of pregnancy is not the termination of a "fetus", but the termination of a fertilized egg, no more, no less. An egg can be fertilized shortly before a woman's menstrual cycle and still spontaneously expelled as part of the menstruation without anyone ever knowing it--is that an abortion/miscarriage? In my mind, I don't think so. It's a biological function. We take medicines everyday as people to help along our own biological functions, so to me, birth control/contraception/early-term abortion is the same thing as that.

    So--once again <u>to me</u>, early term abortions within the first 8 weeks from fertilization is acceptable because it's not even close to being able to sustain it's own lifeform even with sustinence from the womb. This late-term stuff is just wrong, and I'm fully against that--it's a fetus that has all the signs and abilities of an actual human being, but early on, not so much. Feel free to agree/disagree, but I've done a lot of research (not R13 research either), and have come to that conclusion and conviction.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Saul Alinsky’s son: “Obama learned his lesson well”

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't say many..I would say some. </div></div>

    So "many" doesn't include the catholic church, the largest religious organization in the world???
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Saul Alinsky’s son: “Obama learned his lesson well”

    May be the largest religious organization..but it still doesn't account for the majority of people in the world.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #36
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Saul Alinsky’s son: “Obama learned his lesson well”

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">An egg can be fertilized shortly before a woman's menstrual cycle and still spontaneously expelled as part of the menstruation without anyone ever knowing it--is that an abortion/miscarriage? </div></div>

    It could actually be considered a miscarriage, but an abortion no. I don't see how you can call an abortion and a miscarriage the same thing. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> abortion/miscarriage</div></div> The two aren't even similar other than they both have the same end result.

    Ask the ones that believe that a fertilized egg is the actual start of life and they say that when that happens it is God's plan. Taking a pill to make it happen is not in God's plan and that is where they will argue it as abortion.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Saul Alinsky’s son: “Obama learned his lesson well”

    Are you against condoms too? Because by your logic, its goig against Gods plan also.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Saul Alinsky’s son: “Obama learned his lesson well”

    Ok skippy I see you are devining from more of your stellar research.
    It isn't my logic it is the stance of the Catholic Church, and yes they are against any form of birth control including condoms.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Saul Alinsky’s son: “Obama learned his lesson well”

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ask the ones that believe that a fertilized egg is the actual start of life and they say that when that happens it is God's plan. Taking a pill to make it happen is not in God's plan and that is where they will argue it as abortion. </div></div>

    I'm not worried about asking those that believe that a fertilized egg is the actual start of life--that's their conviction & belief, not mine.

    It's also God's plan that we pray for healing and seek God's help with any mortal ailment, cancer, AIDS, organ failure, etc...but yet it's common practice by some of the staunchest believers I know to seek medical help when they're seriously ill. I can't reconcile that practice with the idea that birth control/morning-after pill or any other type of contraception is wrong up to 8 weeks after fertilization. If early-term abortion via medical means is wrong, then cancer treatments or even Sudafed for sinus problems is wrong. That's simply my view on it. Call it right or wrong, that's how I see it.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #40
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Saul Alinsky’s son: “Obama learned his lesson well”

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok skippy I see you are devining from more of your stellar research.
    It isn't my logic it is the stance of the Catholic Church, and yes they are against any form of birth control including condoms. </div></div>

    No offense man, but since when are you Catholic?
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •